Express Entry

Express Entry

Canada Immigration: How To Immigrate to Canada As A Skilled Worker

People and families around the world can immigrate to Canada easily with Express Entry Skilled Worker Schemes/Selection System. Express Entry was introduced in 2015 and has become the main source of skilled worker applications under the new system.

How to Immigrate to Canada?

If you want to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker, there are a few things you need to do. First, you need to make sure you have the right skills and qualifications. Second, you need to find a job in Canada. And third, you need to apply for a work permit.

To make sure you have the right skills and qualifications, you need to have at least one year of full-time work experience in an occupation that is listed on Canada's National Occupational Classification (NOC) list. You can find this list on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.

Once you've found a job in Canada, you need to apply for a work permit. To do this, you'll need a job offer from a Canadian employer. You can find more information on the IRCC website.

If you're approved for a work permit, congrats! You're one step closer to becoming a permanent resident of Canada!

What are the Requirements for Immigration to Canada?

There are a few requirements you’ll need to meet before you can immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker. Firstly, you must have at least one year of full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the last 10 years in an occupation that is listed under Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).

You will also need to prove that you have the required education, training, and/or work experience for your chosen occupation. You will need to get a language assessment if your first language is not English or French and show that you meet the minimum language requirements for your occupation. 

If you are applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you must also pass a points-based assessment. This assesses factors such as your age, work experience, education, and language skills. You must score at least 67 points out of 100 on this assessment to be eligible for the program. 

Other programs may have different requirements, so it’s important to check the specific requirements of the program you are interested in before applying.

Skilled Workers Program: Express Entry

The Skilled Workers Program is the Express Entry program for skilled workers. It is a points-based system that assesses and ranks candidates based on their skills, work experience, and other factors.

To be eligible for the Skilled Workers Program, you must:

  • Have at least one year of full-time or equivalent work experience in a skilled occupation (as defined by the National Occupational Classification);
  • Score at least 67 points on the selection grid;
  • Meet the minimum language requirements; and
  • Have completed post-secondary education or training equaling at least one year of full-time study.

Other Ways of Getting into Canada

There are other ways of getting into Canada if you are not a skilled worker. You can come as a student, apply for refugee status, get a work permit, or be sponsored by family or a Canadian province.

If you want to come to Canada as a student, you will need a study permit. To get one, you must be enrolled in an educational program at a designated learning institution. You will also need to prove that you have enough money to support yourself while you are studying and that you will return home when your studies are finished.

If you are fleeing persecution or conflict in your home country, you may be eligible for refugee status in Canada. To claim refugee status, you must go through an immigration process and meet certain criteria. If your claim is successful, you and your family will be allowed to stay in Canada permanently.

If you want to work in Canada, you will need a work permit. To get one, you must have a job offer from a Canadian employer. Work permits are usually valid for the duration of the employment contract, up to four years. You may also be able to apply for permanent residence after working in Canada for at least one year. 

If your family members live in Canada, they may be able to sponsor you for permanent residence through the Family Class sponsorship program. To be eligible, they must meet certain income requirements and sign an agreement saying they will support you financially when you arrive in Canada. 


If you're looking to move to Canada as a skilled worker, the process is relatively straightforward. First, you'll need to ensure that you have the required skills and experience for the position you're applying for. Once you have that sorted out, the next step is to submit an online application through the Express Entry system. From there, you'll be entered into a pool of eligible candidates and will be selected based on your score in the Comprehensive Ranking System. If all goes well, you should receive an Invitation to Apply for Permanent Residence within a few months. Good luck!

Do you want to get the hight quality service as a client?